Sawtooth Wave Height Results - REVISED 8/27
REVISION - The low-passed enstrophy was low passed at 500 sec...now it is at 250 sec and the signal is VERY sinusoidal.
After a few failed attempts this case works. Originally the waveheight went to 2m (failed simulation), or the waveheight actually went to zero in some places (also failed).
Now the sawtooth (envelope of the wave group) has a 10min period and the wave group has a period of 1min. The max wave height is 1m; the min wave height is 0.25 m.


Here is the last snapshot of vorticity to give you an idea of the response. Its very clean.

And here is the enstrophy plot. Not nearly as easy to interpret as I was hoping for. I wasn't expecting as much response at the group (1min) frequency. I also plotted the spectrum of the enstrophy time series. There is a significant amount of energy in the lowest frequency bin (df = 2.74e-4 -- 3605 seconds). From watching the movie the rips are VERY stable.

After a few failed attempts this case works. Originally the waveheight went to 2m (failed simulation), or the waveheight actually went to zero in some places (also failed).
Now the sawtooth (envelope of the wave group) has a 10min period and the wave group has a period of 1min. The max wave height is 1m; the min wave height is 0.25 m.


Here is the last snapshot of vorticity to give you an idea of the response. Its very clean.

And here is the enstrophy plot. Not nearly as easy to interpret as I was hoping for. I wasn't expecting as much response at the group (1min) frequency. I also plotted the spectrum of the enstrophy time series. There is a significant amount of energy in the lowest frequency bin (df = 2.74e-4 -- 3605 seconds). From watching the movie the rips are VERY stable.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home