Wow, it's been a long time...
Ok, Im back!
I'm looking at the availability of PIV data to do model validation for the NCEX experiment. Here's my first comparison of the model and data for the highly exploited day of October 10th, 2003 at 1900 GMT. This is ALONGSHORE flow only.

NOTES:
1. Tom samples currents in the depth range of -6m < h < 1m (hence he has more data than we do pas the shoreline.
2. These velocities are hourly averages.
3. The most shoreward contour line is 0.3m
4. Positive is a NORTHWARD current
5. In this coordinate system (Pier 3) the main rip current should be at y = 1500m.
6. I haven't done all the QA/QC I need to on this data to confirm I have it all correct but I think its accurate.
7. Black dots on plot of PIV data are NaN values.
I'm looking at the availability of PIV data to do model validation for the NCEX experiment. Here's my first comparison of the model and data for the highly exploited day of October 10th, 2003 at 1900 GMT. This is ALONGSHORE flow only.

NOTES:
1. Tom samples currents in the depth range of -6m < h < 1m (hence he has more data than we do pas the shoreline.
2. These velocities are hourly averages.
3. The most shoreward contour line is 0.3m
4. Positive is a NORTHWARD current
5. In this coordinate system (Pier 3) the main rip current should be at y = 1500m.
6. I haven't done all the QA/QC I need to on this data to confirm I have it all correct but I think its accurate.
7. Black dots on plot of PIV data are NaN values.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home